My work is based on psychological processes and incorporates the gathering of impressions and objects from the natural environment in which I live.(read more)

dimanche 20 avril 2014

Gabriel García Márquez has died



We lived in the cottage on the farm where the grandparents and after them the parents of Richard had spent many years of their lives. One of the few Dutch books I brought with me, when Richard and I moved in there, was Márquez' "One Hundred Years of Solitude". I had left the book there when I went back to the Netherlands, in order to arrange for my immigration papers so I could stay in New Zealand, after all, I would be returning there. But when, more than half a year later, I finally got back to Ohinewhai, it seemed the book had wandered off, no one knew anything about it, no one had borrowed it, as no one could read the Dutch translation. Non of the many sheep that were constantly around the house, had seen anything suspicious. It simply had disappeared. A mystery as strange as the surreal stories of Márquez are, well ... Yeah, it's always been one of my favorite books, but I've never bought it again. A pity really.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire